Sunday, December 14, 2014

First litter at 3 weeks

Boy, do these guys grow fast!

I mean, I knew rabbits were fast growers, but WOW!



I'm happy to report that the one kit with the infected eye has recovered.

I gave it a couple of good doses of antibiotic ointment. One or two of the kits still gets a slightly crusty eye from time to time, but I think it's because they love to snuggle in the box so much. I hate to take it out, with temperatures dipping below freezing at night.

They are starting to eat and drink on their own, and seem healthy and active. Haven't seen any evidence of diarrhea. I'm hoping that constant access to hay will prevent any digestive problems, as they transition to solid food.

We hiked our new property yesterday, and are going to start ripping up the old floor in the house. It will feel good to finally begin "breaking ground."


No comments:

Post a Comment